Chocolate covered pretzels
Do you love chocolate covered pretzels? Then you'll just love this easy recipe! Not only is it easy to make, this recipe has so many options that you can make so many variations, you can create dozens of them to enjoy during the holidays, make them as gifts or simply enjoy them any time you want!
A special thanks to Sheena Pradhan, a Registered Dietitian, for submitting this recipe! If you are looking for healthy menu plans and recipes, visit Sheena's website at:
If you have a recipe you would like to share and have your business highlighted for free just like the one on this page, then fill out the form below!
types of pretzels
- White chocolate covered pretzels
- Peppermint white chocolate covered pretzels
- Dark chocolate covered pretzels
- Walnut dark chocolate covered pretzels
- Pistachio dark chocolate covered pretzels
types of bark
- Peppermint white chocolate bark
- Pistachio dark chocolate bark
- Walnut dark chocolate bark
You will need the following for this recipe:
- 16 oz white chocolate (baker’s chocolate or wafers)
- 16 oz semi-sweet baker’s chocolate (or wafers)
- 16 oz bag mini pretzels
- 1 box peppermint candy canes (usually 12 medium sized candy canes)
- 1 c pistachios
- 1 c walnuts
- Begin by crushing pistachios, walnuts and peppermint candy canes and separate into individual bowls.
- Crush candy canes with the back of a heavy spoon against a solid surface. Keep candy cane in wrapper while crushing. After a few hits all over the candy cane, the candy cane should fall apart into red and white crumbles when unwrapped.
- The same method can be used with the pistachios and walnuts by placing into respective plastic bags.
- Once pistachios, walnuts and peppermint are separated into separate bowls, cover baking sheets with wax paper for cooling the chocolate pretzels and bark.
- Next prep equipment to melt the chocolate. We’ll start with white chocolate first.
- White chocolate will be melted down in a double boiler. If you do not have a double boiler, a mixing bowl can be placed over a pot containing a small amount of water. Bring water to a simmer in the bottom pot. (Chocolate will melt using the heat from the steam.)
- Place 16 oz white chocolate into top bowl of double boiler. Chocolate pieces should begin to melt within a few minutes. Check that the chocolate pieces are melted with a spoon.
- Using tongs to grasp mini pretzels, dip pretzels (use 3 oz for each batch) into white chocolate and lay at room temperature on wax paper to cool.
- With next batch, dip pretzels in white chocolate and then peppermint chunks while white chocolate is still wet. Lay on wax paper. Use 3 oz of pretzels for this section.
- Combine leftover peppermint and melted white chocolate in bowl until a uniform consistency. Using a spatula, scrape mixture onto a sheet of wax paper. Pat mixture until it is flat on wax paper to cool.
- Rinse double boiler and repeat process with dark chocolate. Start with plain dark chocolate covered pretzels, then pistachio dark chocolate covered pretzels, pistachio dark chocolate bark, walnut dark chocolate pretzels and walnut dark chocolate bark. Lay chocolate covered pretzels and bark on wax paper to cool.
- When all pretzels and bark have cooled, you may package these into fun and creative baggies using wax paper or plastic bags and ribbon. Enjoy!
Share Your Recipes!
Do you have a favorite recipe you would like to share? Do you want to link your website? Fill out the form below!
Return to Homepage from Chocolate Covered Pretzels
All content and photos on mealplan4me are copyright protected.