This is a quick and easy sausage, peppers, onions with potatoes recipe. It can be used as a topping on hotdogs and hamburgers or used as a main course placed on top of rice. It is a very simple recipe that only has 4 main ingredients! Depending on the type of meat you buy, that alone, will give you the main flavor for this dish. I usually use a hot, spicy Italian one, but you can use whatever type you like. Just remember to add spices or other flavors if you choose to use a plain version or one that is more mild flavored.
1) To prepare this dish, start by getting a pot of water to boil for the potatoes. While you are waiting for the water to boil, start prepping the veggies, meat and potatoes.
2) Wash and chop the onions and peppers, then set aside.
3) Cut the meat and potatoes (with skin on) about 1 inch thick, then set aside.
4) All of your ingredients should be washed and cut at this point. Once the water is boiled, add the cut potatoes and cook until soft. Just make sure to not overcook them so they do not turn into mashed potatoes. This process took about 5-8 minutes.
5) Once the potatoes are cooked, you'll need to preheat the skillet and add about a tablespoon of cooking oil.
6) Place the peppers and onions in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, then add the meat. You may or may not need to add more oil, but be careful not to add too much since the meat will have natural oils.
7) Once the sausage, peppers and onions are just about cooked, add the potatoes and mix with the rest of the ingredients and cook for 2 more minutes. You will know this dish is ready once the peppers and onions are caramelized.
Serve immediately. You can eat this dish as-is or as a side dish with pasta or rice. You can also serve this as a topping on hot dogs!
Do you have a favorite recipe you would like to share? Do you want to link your website? Fill out the form below!
All content and photos on mealplan4me are copyright protected.